Solution Provisioning (MVSP) extension is now DMS Provisioning extension. Learn more.
The MacroView DMS Provisioning extension allows users with appropriate permission to create site collections, sites and libraries that are configured with the columns, content types and library views suitable for use with MacroView DMS.
MacroView DMS Provisioning is supported on MacroView DMS and DMF 8.6 or later.
How it works
After installing MacroView DMS Provisioning a new right-click menu option called 'Provision' will be added to your right-click menu when selecting a site collection, site or library node.
Pictured above: The 'Provision' menu displayed when right-clicking a Tenant node.
The 'Provision' option contains a number of sub menu options that vary depending on the type of node that has been selected and whether or not the current user has the required permissions to that area. The options include:
- Add Tenant Components: to create term groups and term sets in an Office 365 tenant.
- New Site Collection: for creating new site collections pre-configured with MacroView site columns and site content types suitable for use in creating standard MacroView solution libraries.
- Add Site Collection Components: for updating existing site collections with MacroView site columns and site content types for use in creating standard MacroView solution libraries.
- New Site: for creating SharePoint sub sites.
- Add Site Components: for updating existing sites with MacroView solution features.
- New Library: for creating document libraries pre-configured with MacroView columns, content types and views ready to capture and display email and document metadata as you save to SharePoint via MacroView DMF or Message.
- New Library from Template: for creating standard SharePoint document libraries.
- Add Library Components: for updating existing library with MacroView columns, content types and views ready to capture and display email and document metadata as you save to SharePoint via MacroView DMF or Message.
- New Team: for creating Microsoft Teams.
- New Channel: for creating channels in Microsoft Teams.
See 'Configuration' section below for information on how to enable or disable any of the functions above.
Download DMS Provisioning extension
MacroView DMS Provisioning is supported on version 8.6 or later of MacroView DMS and products based on DMS such as MacroView Case and Matter and MacroView Project. If you are using a version of DMF or Message earlier than version 8.6 you should install the individual provisioning extension applicable to the MacroView product you are using. See MacroView Provisioning for more information.
Download the version of MacroView DMS Provisioning that corresponds with your version of MacroView DMF or MacroView Message and your version of Windows.
Important Notice: Upgrade process for DMS Provisioning v5.0 or newer
|DMF or Message version
|64 bit Windows
|32 bit Windows
|8.9.1083 to 8.9.1468
|8.9.634 to 8.9.910
|8.8.655 to 8.9.491
|8.7.100 to 8.8.647
|8.6 to 8.7.90
IMPORTANT: Before installing MacroView DMS Provisioning you must first uninstall any other MacroView provisioning extensions.
*N/A: please contact MacroView if a Windows 32 bit version is required.
To find out if your customisation has been installed correctly check this help centre article.
When MacroView DMS Provisioning is installed the default Create New Library right-click menu option is replaced by the New Library from Template option on the Provision right-click sub menu. The default Create New Library option is re-instated if you uninstall MacroView DMS Provisioning, refer to How to hide or show DMF or Message right-click menu items
The DMS Provisioning extension will work out-of-the-box after installation.
The following "optional" configuration steps are targeted for admin users.
If you would like to disable specific provisioning options (functions) this can be done one of the following three way.
Initial Step for Options 1 and 2 below
Copy the Functions.xml file from the folder path below to a temporary location in order to edit it.
DMS Provisioning extension version 2.0.12 to present
DMS Provisioning extension version 1.1.4 to 1.2.18
Edit the file and set functions to be disabled to 0.
Option 1 - Deploy the edited Functions.xml to a User's Profile
To the following location inside a user's profile:
C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\MacroView DMF\Store\Extensions\MVSP folder
Option 2 - Deploy the edited Function.xml to the MacroView DMF / Message Central Configuration Location
Alternatively, you can save the updated Functions.xml file to the Extensions/MVSP sub folder in your central configuration location to have the updates automatically deployed to anyone using that central configuration location.
Option 3 - Group Policy
You can also deploy these settings using Group Policy which will overwrite any local or centrally deployed Functions.xml files. To apply the settings by Group Policy set the following registry keys and values.
If you are using DMF or Message 8.5 or earlier you should install one of the MacroView Provisioning for DMF and Message plug-ins.