Welcome to MacroView Generator
Thank you for evaluating MacroView Generator. This software is built to help you and your business quickly generate proposals, reports, presentations and other documents using pre-approved text, logos and templates.
This guide contains everything you need to get started with your first installation. Remember to sign into the MacroView Help Centre and have your license key ready before beginning this tutorial.
If you don’t have a MacroView Help Centre account, you can create one right now by clicking Sign in in the top right and selecting Sign up. If you haven’t got a license key you can evaluate MacroView Generator free for 30 days by completing our free trial form.
You must have a Help Centre account and hold an evaluation or full license for MacroView Generator to proceed with this guide.
Download and install MacroView Generator
Note: You can skip this step if Generator has already been installed as part of a MacroView Industry Solution, such as Case and Matter or Project).
- Close Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Reader.
- Download the MacroView Generator Client that corresponds to your Windows installation and SharePoint environment (e.g. SharePoint Online) from the Downloads site.
- Double-click the downloaded file to run the MacroView Generator Setup Wizard.
Once the wizard is complete, MacroView Generator will be installed on your system, which will add additional Generator options to the ribbon in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint.
Activate your MacroView Generator license
This next step will run you through activating your MacroView Generator license.
- Go to the MacroView Licensing Website once you receive your license key from MacroView Services.
- Log in with your Office 365, Microsoft or Google account by choosing the appropriate icon and entering your details.
- MacroView recommends using a non-employee-specific account (e.g. admin@ or another group account), as the same account will need to be used for all subsequent activations of the license.
- You will be prompted by the relevant account provider to trust the MacroView Licensing site. You must grant this access in order to register the account.
- After the licensing home page loads, select Licenses > Activate on the left navigation panel.
- Enter the Licence Key provided by MacroView and the URL of your SharePoint Online tenant, then click Next.
- The next window will display the MacroView products associated with your licence key. Ensure that all your licensed products are selected, then click Next.
- The confirmation page will now load, displaying your licence key, the SharePoint server associated with the licence and the MacroView products that will activate. If these details are correct, click Next to proceed to the Licences Summary Page.
- The Licenses Summary Page will display the details of your new product licence(s).
Understanding your MacroView licence
It's important to remember that your MacroView licence is not tied to an individual user, but to your:
- Server Farm for SharePoint Server (on-premises), and/or
- SharePoint Online Tenant
This means that your SharePoint environment only needs to be licensed with MacroView once, and the number of users able to connect is limited by the amount of user seats your organisation has purchased.
Add a Generator content source (or sources)
To start using Generator, you must first nominate at least one SharePoint location where your content is stored. This can be:
- An entire SharePoint Online tenant, giving you access to add content from any location you can access.
- A specific site collection, which contains multiple sites, document libraries and folders with content.
- A specific site or document library that only contains the information you wish to use in Generator.
To define a Generator content source, you must enter the SharePoint URL of your desired location in Generator options, which can be accessed from Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook (via the new email window).
Note: The SharePoint location(s) you add in Generator Options are shared across all Microsoft Office applications, so you only need to enter them once.
To add a content source:
- Open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
- Go to the Home tab, navigate to the Generator group and select Options.
- In the Options window, choose the Content tab and select Add.
- In the Add Server window, enter any name to identify the content source
- For example: Approved Content for Re-Use
- Enter the SharePoint URL of your desired location
- For example, if you wanted to designate:
- A tenant: https://contoso.sharepoint.com/
- A site collection: https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/generator
- A specific document library: https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/generator/site/library
- For example, if you wanted to designate:
- Sign in to your account
Start using MacroView Generator
Now that you have installed Generator and set its content source in Microsoft Office, you are ready to create a new document using clauses:
- In Microsoft Word click Insert Clause from the MacroView Generator group on the Home or Insert ribbon.
- The Generator window will appear, showing the content items in the library in the Generator location you have designated. The available content items are arranged in a tree that reflects your SharePoint environment.
- Select content for a formatted preview of that item in the bottom pane.
- Drag and drop the content you want to use in your document into the selected items pane on the right.
- Once you have finished entering your clauses, click OK. The selected content items will be inserted into your document, fully formatted at the current cursor position.
Add new content items (clauses)
You can add new content items to your Generator location directly from Microsoft Word by checking the Enable New Clause button setting found in Generator Options.
- To create a new content item (clause) in the Generator location, select content in Word and click New Clause found in the Generator group on the Insert ribbon.
- A profiling window will appear to capture details for the new content item.
- Blog: Document Preparation Now Even Smarter with MacroView ClauseBank
- Browse the MacroView Generator product page.
- Log a support request or Email MacroView Support if you need help with your installation or have any questions regarding MacroView Generator.