The MacroView Project solution is the ideal document and email management solution for any organization where activity is organized into projects, such as engineering departments.
The MacroView Project Solution is an out-of-the-box SharePoint structure design that captures metadata important to managing project documents and emails.
The out-of-the-box structure contains the following:
- A single project site collection or a project site collection for each of your business divisions (e.g. HR, Finance, IT, Clients). The example below shows a single site collection for MacroView Projects.
- Each site collection contains a sites for each client.
- Each client site contains one or more SharePoint document libraries containing groups of projects specific to that client (perhaps one per year).
- Each project is a document set within a project library which automatically propagates its metadata such as project name and project number etc. to all files stored within it.
- Each project document set can optionally contain any number of folders and sub folders.
The image below shows a visual representation of the design.
The above is the default design for MacroView Project. Your administrator may have configured your solution be be slightly different.
The solution also includes the following features:
- Right-click functions to create new client sites, project libraries and project document sets
- Projects are created with a standard set of default folders
- Automatic capture of project, email and document metadata
- Standard views with quick and easy filtering and sorting of files based on their metadata
- Email filing rules to automatically save sent and received emails to the correct project
- Search panels for locating documents and emails based on project metadata
So let's get started!
For information on using Project click here
If your administrator has already deployed the solution click here.