The MacroView Case and Matter solution provides the perfect design in SharePoint Online and on-premise SharePoint for managing document and emails in any organization or business unit where activity is arranged as Cases or Matters - e.g. Corporate Legal Departments.
MacroView Case and Matter is an out-of-the-box SharePoint structure design that captures metadata important to managing case or matter documents and emails.
The out-of-the-box structure contains the following:
- A single case and matter site collection or a case and matter site collection for each of your business divisions (e.g. HR, Finance, IT, Clients). The example below shows a single site collection for MacroView Clients.
- Each site collection contains sites relevant to that collection. For example, the site collection Clients will contain a SharePoint site for each of your clients (e.g. ACME Fire Department).
- Each site contains SharePoint document libraries containing matters specific to that client.
- Each matter or case is a document set within a matters library which automatically propagates its metadata such as matter name and matter number etc. to all files stored within it.
- Each matter document set can optionally contain any number of folders and sub folders.
The image below shows a visual representation of the design
The above is the default design for MacroView Case and Matter. Your administrator may have configured your solution be be slightly different.
The solution also includes the following features:
- Right-click functions to create new client sites, matter libraries and matter or case document sets
- Matters or cases are created with a standard set of default folders
- Automatic capture of matter or case, email and document metadata
- Standard views with quick and easy filtering and sorting of files based on their metadata
- Email filing rules to automatically save sent and received emails to the correct matter or case
- Search panels for locating documents and emails based on matter or case metadata
So let's get started!
For information on using Case and Matter click here.
If your administrator has not yet deployed the solution click here.