The Content Approval right click function adds support for managing document content approval in MacroView DMS with support for both SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server (on-premises).
How it works
When enabled a Content Approval option is available on the right-click menu when selecting a file from the file list.
This menu will allow users with the appropriate permissions to:
- Approve/Reject documents that have been submitted for approval
- Cancel Approval on documents they have submitted
- Publish new documents for approval, and
- Unpublish documents that have been approved
Users also have the ability to add comments during each step of the content approval life cycle.
SharePoint Online users will automatically have a view added to the document library which shows 'Approval Status' and 'Approval Comments' so you can keep track the state of documents in your library.
This behavior matches the functionality offered by SharePoint using the standard browser interface.
Note: The Content Approval menu option will only be active in libraries that have content approval enabled.
To learn more about SharePoint content approval see: Require approval of items in a site list or library
- MacroView DMF 8.9 or MacroView Message 8.9 or later (as an optional add-on)
- MacroView DMS 9.4 or later (included)