Create shortcuts to your favourite SharePoint locations
MacroView DMS/DMS Pro allow users to create favourites which provide one-click navigation to frequently used SharePoint locations, including sites, document libraries and folders.
Favourites are particularly useful when working with large SharePoint document stores commonly found in large organisations, allowing users to quickly locate areas they regularly work in, saving time and creating a positive user experience.
To create a SharePoint favourite in MacroView DMS/DMS Pro:
- Right-click on a SharePoint location (site collection, site, library etc.) in the tree view and select Add to Favourites.
- DMS/DMS Pro will assign a default display name to your new SharePoint favourite. You can adjust the display name by editing the text box highlighted below.
- Click OK – your new SharePoint favourite will appear in your Folders pane.
SharePoint favourites can be arranged in groups, just like favourites in your web browser.
To create a new favourites group:
- Click the Favorites tab to enter the Favorites browse view.
- Right-click the Favorites root node in the tree-view and select Create Group.
- Enter the name for your group and press Enter.
To move an existing SharePoint favourite (e.g. site, library, folder etc.) into your newly created group:
- In Favorites mode, right-click your SharePoint favourite and click Move Favorite
- Click the location where you wish to move your favourite in the dialog box that appears.
- Click OK to confirm the move.
Advanced Tip - MacroView Push Favourites:
Your System Administrator can arrange for new SharePoint favourites to be automatically created for you through an additional licensed plugin called MacroView Push Favourites. With this plugin, 'push' favourites, also known as subscriptions, appear automatically when you start Outlook or MacroView DMS Explorer.
Contact MacroView Services for licensing enquiries or more information.