Just like saving an email, MacroView DMS and DMS Pro provide a number of ways to save attachments to SharePoint:
- Drag and drop attachments from your Outlook email to a SharePoint folder in MacroView DMS or DMS Explorer.
- With an email message open in a new Outlook window, navigate to the MacroView group on the ribbon and click the Save Attachments button. This option also allows you to rename an attachment before saving to SharePoint.
- Using the MacroView Predictive Email Filing extension, drag and drop attachments from your Outlook email to the Drop zone for DMS to predict and file your attachment based on tracking tags and your filing behaviour.
Saving an attachment as a new version of an existing document
Consider this scenario:
- You send a document to a colleague for them to review.
- They open it, make some edits and send it back with a new filename.
- You now have two copies of your original document. The original copy you sent and the edited copy your colleague sent back with their feedback.
With MacroView DMS you can save your colleague's edited file as a new version of your original document so you can:
- Maintain one version of a document so you always have the most up-to-date version.
- Reduce document duplication
- Track changes over the life of the document
- Revert to previous versions of the document if needed
To do this:
- With an email message already open in an Outlook window, navigate to the MacroView group on the ribbon and click the Save Attachments button.
- The MacroView DMS pane will open, displaying your SharePoint environment in a tree view. Now, navigate to the location you wish to save the attachment.
- Next, click to select the document you wish to save your attachment to as a new version and click Save.
- The MacroView DMS Check In dialog will appear, prompting you to enter any comments you wish to attach to the new version of your document. If you have any comments, enter them in the field provided, then click OK.
- Finally, the MacroView DMS Profiling Dialog will appear, prompting you to enter any new metadata to the new version. If you have any new data, enter them in the appropriate fields, then click OK.