The MacroView Migrator user interface is built around the concept of having a series of migration 'packages' with each defining a source, destination, workflow and other settings. When launching the application the main packages view is displayed:
Right-click on a package and select Edit Package. The Migration Package window is displayed:
- The Name identifies the migration package. This can be any value and is only used for identification purposes.
- The Source type determines whether the migration package will migrate from the file system or from Outlook.
- Use the Source location ellipsis button to select a location to migrate from. If File System is selected then the Windows folder picker dialog is displayed. If Outlook Store is selected then the Outlook folder picker is displayed. Note that Outlook must be running under the same user account in order for the picker to be displayed.
- Enter a SharePoint URL as the Destination path. This must be a valid Uri and should be an unencoded site, library or folder path. The Destination path will determine how the migration workflow is structured.
- Check License will confirm whether or not your copy of MacroView Migration is licensed. The unlicensed trial version will only process the first 1000 items in a workflow. To obtain a licensed version of MacroView Migration contact Services@macrview.com.au