From DMF/ Message 8.9.1210 and later you can adjust your view to show you all the documents and emails for a Project/Case/Matter even though those files are stored in separate folders.
This functionality can be enabled in Options > Appearance.
The following settings will change what will appear in the file list.
- Display folders and document sets before files - Structures the file list so folders and document sets appear before files in the view.
- Display folders in the file list:
- Determined by view (default selected) - View that was created in the library and as displayed by the browser.
- Always - Views that hide folders but show files, display both folders and files in DMF
- Never - Only files are shown in DMF when selecting views that show folders and files
Show all items without folders.
"Show all items without folders" toggle in the file list toolbar is a feature that changes the view to show all files without the folders they are nested in.
Note- this will override any of the settings above until the file list has been refreshed.