MacroView is headquartered in Sydney, Australia and we are proud of the fact that we support clients in more than 70 countries globally. To streamline and deliver an optimal response to requests for support across different time zones we kindly request your assistance with the following.
This article outlines the information that we will require to thoroughly investigate and troubleshoot your reported issue/s, reducing the need for additional communication back and forth to provide a timely resolution.
What exactly is the problem?
Getting to the bottom of an issue can sometimes feel like playing 20 questions, so it’s crucial to provide us with as much information as possible so we can get quickly to the root cause.
Below are some of the questions we would commonly ask to get the information we need:
- When did the issue first start?
- What are the symptoms?
- Is the issue the result of an IT environmental change or upgrade to a newer version of MacroView software?
- Does the issue affect just one user or many users?
- If only one user is affected, have you tried logging them in to another computer to see if the issue can still be reproduced?
- Did it occur following a significant event or is there a trigger point on the computer?
- What troubleshooting have you tried prior to contacting us?
- Does the issue occur in MacroView only or can it be reproduced in SharePoint using your internet browser?
Gather more details
MacroView has built in logging for our products which we use to identify and troubleshoot issues within our code. To access these logs and forward it to us with your support email please see the information below:
Information level logging can be set from within the MacroView client product by selecting Options > Support > Trace Level and then resetting the drop down from Exception to Information.
To produce a trace file, attempt the process that triggered the issue to replicate it again. Then forward all generated trace log files which can be accessed by clicking on the Trace Files button above.
To help us troubleshoot any UDN/AOI related issue you can access the logs for this application from the following location on your computer.
MacroView Provisioning (MVSP)
To help us troubleshoot any provisioning errors related to MVSP, in MacroView DMF / Message go to Options > Support and click the "Trace Files" button (see image below).
This will open a File Explorer window in the following location.
Please zip the MVSP folder and email it through.
Some issues are easier to convey by providing screenshots and/or a video illustration reproducing the issue.
If you have not provided screen recording previously we recommend using Apowersoft Online Screen Recorder for its ease of use. Screen recordings can be shared with us by using OneDrive and sending the link to the recording included in your support email.