To upgrade an existing Site Collection the account you are signed in with must have tenant administrator permissions and you must have installed the MacroView Solution Provisioning extension.
Want to create a new Site Collection to use with Case and Matter? Create a new Case & Matter Site Collection
You can then add Case and Matter to an existing site collection in DMF by:
- Right-clicking on the site collection.
- Select Provision > Add Site Collection Components.
- The Add Site Collection Components dialog will now appear, prompting you to select a solution. Select the Case and Matter (Configurable) solution then click OK to start the process.
- This normally takes a few minutes to complete.
- Right-click on the site collection and select Provision > Add Site Collection Components and add the following components, one component at a time: Site Collection List, Site List, Library List, Document Set List.
Configure Document ID in Site Collection
Set the Document ID prefix for your organisation. For more information about the Document ID, see Enable and configure unique Document IDs - Microsoft Support.
- Open your new Site Collection in the browser.
- Go to Site Settings
- Edit Document ID Settings
- Replace the default "Begin IDs..." with your chosen document prefix (minimum 4 characters) e.g. Organisation Name/Short Name
You're ready to start using Case and Matter!