If you created a Matter List when making your site collection with MacroView Provisioning for Case and Matter, you may find that your matter numbers start from '1000'.
To change the starting number of your matter list:
- Using the DMS tree view, right-click the site collection containing your matters and select 'Open in Browser'
- In the left navigation pane, click Site contents. Once the site contents page appears, select MVCM Matter List to load the matter numbering list.
- Select the List tab and click Quick Edit - the view will now show table borders around each list cell.
- Find the Matter No column and double-click the number at the top of the list. You will now be able to enter your own value to replace this number. Remember, the next matter you create will be Matter No + 1 (e.g. if you enter 999 in the list as seen below, the next matter you create will be 1000).
- After entering the number, hit enter and close the browser window.