MacroView DMS (Message) or DMS Pro (DMF) will set the Not Auto Filed by Managed Filing (CEF) category on an email if it matches a filing rule but cannot be filed for one of the below reasons:
- The save location doesn't exist
- The user does not have permission to save to the save location.
- The profiling dialog needs to be displayed to capture custom metadata.
- MacroView setting Don't overwrite existing messages is not enabled.
- The location in SharePoint is recently created and has not yet been picked up by a search index.
- The location has more than one email content type requiring that the properties dialog is displayed to select the correct one.
- SharePoint search is disabled or not working.
- You can test if a user has the correct permissions to save to the save locations and whether a profiling dialog needs to be displayed by dragging and dropping email with the 'Not Auto Filed by Managed Filing (CEF)' flag to the location it should be saved to.
- When writing Managed Filing rules avoid using (.+) as a regex wildcard in the save path instead use ([^\/]+). This is because (.+) includes all characters including the / character.
- Information level error logs will show the save location being searched for by Managed Filing and indicate the reason the 'Not Auto Filed by Managed Filing (CEF)' category is added.
- Once you have resolved the reason an email is 'Not Auto Filed by Managed Filing (CEF)' you can select the email(s) in either the Inbox or Sent Items folder and click Run Filing Rules from the MacroView ribbon in Outlook. Only selected emails will be saved by Run Filing Rules.