What is Managed Filing
Answer: MacroView Managed Filing is an optional module for MacroView DMS and MacroView DMS Pro and for solutions based on these two products, such as MacroView Legal Solution.
MacroView Managed Filing automatically saves sent and received Outlook emails to areas in SharePoint (including SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business) based on rules stored in a central location. When used with MacroView Mail it will automatically select the save location when saving emails.
What is required for Managed Filing to function?
- DMS or DMS Pro Client 8.5.1172 or later
- Valid MacroView Managed Filing license
How do I tell if Managed Filing Rules are enabled?
- When active the Filing Rules dialog in DMS/DMS Pro will include an additional Managed tab displaying the rules that are in effect
- The Managed tab also shows the file these rules are pulled from as a tool tip and includes a check box to enabled/disable all Managed Filing rules for the current user.
- Each rule in the Managed tab also shows whether the rule itself is active or inactive.
Does Managed Filing ignore the Delete emails on save to SharePoint setting?
Answer: Yes, emails are never deleted by rules to ensure the user has seen the email.
Will the successful upload/save notification appear when Managed Filing uploads my emails?
Answer: No, the notification is suppressed even if it is enabled in the settings.
What is the easiest way to create a rules configuration file?
How do I tell if my emails have been saved by Managed Filing?
Answer: Your email will display one of the two indicators.