Welcome to MacroView DMS Pro
Thank you for choosing to evaluate MacroView DMS Pro. This software is built to help you and your business easily manage documents, emails and more with your SharePoint Online (Office 365) service.
This guide contains everything you need to get started with your first installation. Remember to sign into the MacroView Help Center and have your license key ready before beginning this tutorial.
If you don’t have a MacroView Help Center account, you can create one right now by clicking Sign in in the top right and selecting Sign up. If you haven’t got a license key you can evaluate MacroView DMS Pro free for 30 days by completing our evaluation form.
You must have a Help Center account and hold an evaluation or full license for MacroView DMS Pro to proceed with this guide.
Step 1: Download and install MacroView DMS Pro
The first step involves downloading and installing the MacroView DMS pro client to your local machine.
- Close Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Reader.
- Download the version of MacroView DMS Pro that corresponds to your Windows installation from the Download section.
- Double-click the downloaded file and run the MacroView DMS Pro Setup Wizard.
Once the wizard is complete, MacroView DMS Pro will be installed on your system.
Step 2: Add your SharePoint Online (Office 365) server
In this step, you will enter your SharePoint Online (Office 365) server details to use with MacroView DMS Pro.
- First, double-click on the MacroView DMS Pro desktop icon to open MacroView DMS Pro Explorer.
- Open the File menu, choose Options and go to the Servers tab.
- Click Add to associate an existing SharePoint site collection with MacroView DMS Pro.
The Server window allows you to enter your SharePoint server location, create a server name and configure advanced settings.
- In the Server Name field, enter a display name for your Office 365 Tenancy. This will appear as a new top-level node in the Browse mode of MacroView DMS Pro.
- In the Server Path box, enter the URL path to your SharePoint Online (Office 365) Tenancy.
- Note: You must have at least read access to the entered Server Path to activate the license.
- In the Server Type drop-down, select SharePoint Online (Office 365).
- Now that you have entered your server details, License Status will display one of the following:
- - This indicates that your SharePoint server path is valid but not yet licensed for use with MacroView DMS Pro. Please continue to Step 3: Activate your MacroView DMS Pro license.
- - This indicates that your SharePoint server path has been verified and licensed with MacroView. Skip forward to Step 4: Install MacroView sample libraries.
- - This indicates that MacroView Licensing cannot contact your SharePoint location. As a first step, make sure your Server Path has been entered correctly. If your Server Path is correct and you're still experiencing this error, please see the following knowledge base article for troubleshooting: License status 'Unknown' after entering server path details.
Step 3: Activate your MacroView DMS Pro license
To license MacroView DMS Pro, open the MacroView Licensing website and follow the steps below:
- Login with your Office 365 account by choosing the appropriate icon and entering your details.
- MacroView recommends using a non-employee-specific account (e.g. admin@ or other group account) as the same account will need to be used for all subsequent activation of the license.
- You will be prompted by the relevant account provider to trust the MacroView Licensing site. You must grant this access in order to register the account. If you are prompted for "admin approval" during the first-run setup, please see this article - MacroView Licensing message: "Need admin approval"
- Click Sign in to load the Activate License page.
- After the licensing home page loads, select Licenses > Activate on the left navigation panel.
- Now, enter the License Key (supplied by MacroView) in the field provided and your SharePoint Online (Office 365) server path.
- Note: Ensure your License key and server path are accurate, then click Next.
- The next window will display the MacroView products associated with your license key. Ensure that all your services are selected, then click Next.
- The confirmation page will now load displaying your license key, the SharePoint server associated with the license and the MacroView products that will activate. If these details are correct, click Next to proceed to the Licenses Summary page.
- Return to the Server dialog in MacroView DMS Pro Explorer. Confirm that the newly added Tenancy is licensed. The License Status will display a indicator if it is.
Understanding your MacroView license
It's important to remember that your MacroView license is not tied to an individual user, but to your SharePoint Online Tenancy, for SharePoint Online (Office 365)
This means that your SharePoint environment only needs to be licensed with MacroView once, and the amount of users able to connect are limited by the amount of user seats your organization has purchased.
If you want to find out more about MacroView licensing visit Managing MacroView 365 and Client Side Only licenses.
Step 4: Start using MacroView DMS Pro
You have successfully completed your installation of MacroView DMS Pro. The links below contain s more information to help you get started. Thank you for choosing to evaluate MacroView DMS Pro.
- Using MacroView DMS 365 - Series of short videos that briefly demonstrate how you can use MacroView DMS 365 to manage documents and emails.
- Evaluation Guide – SharePoint Document Management - Structure your evaluation of SharePoint-based document management tools using these comprehensive checklists of functionality and features.
- Blog: Managing Documents and Emails in Office 365 with MacroView.
- Browse the MacroView DMS product page.
- Log a support request or Email MacroView Support if you need help with your installation or have any questions regarding MacroView DMS Pro for your 365 environment.