Welcome to MacroView DMS
MacroView DMS is designed to help you and your business easily manage documents, emails and files with your SharePoint Online (Office 365) service.
This guide contains everything you need to get started with your first installation.
Note: MacroView DMS is a sub-set of MacroView DMS Pro. Where you see DMS Pro branding in the options menu, it also applies to DMS.
Step 1: Download and install MacroView DMS
The first step involves downloading and installing the MacroView DMS client to your local machine. If you haven't already, download MacroView DMS.
- Close Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Reader.
- Unzip the downloaded file, then double-click the installer to run the MacroView DMS Setup Wizard.
Once the installation is complete, MacroView DMS will be added to your system.
Step 2: Complete the first-run wizard
When you start Microsoft Outlook after installing MacroView DMS, you will be guided through the first-run setup.
This process will help you get started with the following:
- logging into your Office 365 account
- activating your evaluation
- automatically adding your SharePoint Online tenant and OneDrive for Business area to the tree-view
- creating a MacroView sample library in your OneDrive for Business site
Note: If you are prompted for "admin approval" during the first-run setup, see MacroView Licensing message: "Need admin approval".
Alternatively, you can select Skip during the activation step and activate the license manually using a different Office 365 account after the installation is complete (see below for more information).
Optional: Manually license and setup additional SharePoint servers
If you would like to install, license and configure MacroView DMS Pro without using the first-run wizard, you want to activate your license with an account other than your Office 365 account, or you would like to add additional servers to your tree-view see Configuring a server in MacroView DMS.
Step 3: Start using MacroView DMS
Once the first-run wizard is complete, you're now ready to start using MacroView DMS.
If your organisation has OneDrive for Business configured with your Office 365 plan, you'll now have a MacroView Sample Library added to your personal OneDrive for Business account.
This area is configured to automatically capture document and email data as you save files to SharePoint through MacroView DMS.
Continue on to the tutorials to get started with the basics of MacroView DMS, such as:
- Browsing your SharePoint environment
- Capturing metadata for a document
- Saving emails to SharePoint
- How to automatically file emails to SharePoint
Evaluating with your team?
If you would like to evaluate MacroView DMS with your team, see the following article to set up MacroView configured environments for SharePoint Online: