Welcome to MacroView DMS Pro
MacroView DMS Pro is designed to help you and your business easily manage documents, emails and files with your SharePoint Online (Office 365) service.
This guide contains everything you need to get started with your first installation.
Step 1: Download and install MacroView DMS Pro
The first step involves installing the MacroView DMS Pro client on your local machine.
If you haven't already, Download MacroView DMS Pro.
- Close Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Reader.
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Double-click the installer to run the MacroView DMS Pro Setup Wizard.
Once the installation is complete, MacroView DMS Pro will be added to your system.
Step 2: Complete the first-run wizard
When MacroView DMS Pro starts for the first time you will be guided through the first-run setup.
This process will help you get started with:
- logging into your Office 365 account
- activating your evaluation
- adding your SharePoint Online tenant and OneDrive for Business area to the tree-view
- creating a MacroView sample library in your OneDrive for Business site
Note: If you are prompted for "admin approval" during the first-run setup, see MacroView Licensing message: "Need admin approval".
Alternatively, you can select Skip during the activation step and activate the license manually using a different Office 365 account after the installation is complete (see below for more information).
Optional: Manually license and setup additional SharePoint servers
If you would like to install, license and configure MacroView DMS Pro without using the first-run wizard, you want to activate your license with an account other than your Office 365 account, or you would like to add additional servers to your tree-view see Configuring a server in MacroView DMS.
Step 3: Start using MacroView DMS Pro
Once the first-run wizard is complete, you're now ready to start using MacroView DMS Pro.
If your organisation has OneDrive for Business configured with your Office 365 plan, you'll now have a MacroView Sample Library added to your personal OneDrive for Business account.
This area is configured to automatically capture document and email data as you save files to SharePoint via MacroView DMS Pro.
Continue on to the tutorials to get started with the basics of DMS Pro, such as:
- Browsing your SharePoint environment
- Capturing metadata for a document
- Saving emails to SharePoint
- How to automatically file emails to SharePoint
Evaluating with your team?
If you would like to evaluate MacroView DMS Pro with your team, see the following article to set up MacroView configured environments for SharePoint Online: